Go for Launch
This week brought news that another company has eyed up the digital securities sector, and tossed their hat in the ring. This would be the launch of Tokenyz – a new digital securities issuance platform looking to join the fray.
Upon launch, the company notes three main services which they will offer their clients. The following is an excerpt from their site, which elaborates on what these services entail.
- End-to-End Platform
- A full-stack technology & services platform with powerful features and specialised tools for both investors and issuers will allow users to manage their digital securities from one convenient dashboard.
- Coded Compliance
- The protocol will provide the most complete, flexible and adopted compliance solution ensuring that digital securities issued can be traded compliantly across all marketplaces and exchanges.
- Open Platform
- Our open platform will reinforce our focus on primary issuance & lifecycle management while leveraging partner network and driving protocol adoption. By listening to our customer and counsel, we may then facilitate that complaint issuance and trading of digital securities on a global scale.
As alluded today, above, the role of ‘digital securities issuance platform’ is one that various companies are looking to fill. To date, the sector has seen a variety of companies looking to establish themselves within their respective regions – with varying levels of success. The following companies are a few of those which have shown the potential to become industry incumbents.
In their press release, Tokenyz CEO, Claude Waelchli, touched on the current state of FinTech, stating,
“Today we have two separate camps: tech companies with immense tokenization capability but little financial acumen, and financial services companies locked into their traditional business models, who experiment a little with new technology but nothing substantial to date.”
It is the void left between these two camps that Tokenyz looks to fill. However, in order for that to happen, the United States must not fall behind other forward thinking nations with regards to regulations. Waelchli continued this thought by hinting that,
“Regulators are clearly getting more comfortable with the new technology and I would expect that the U.S. will soon play catch-up and close the gap with smaller jurisdictions.”
Founded in 2019, Tokenyz is a digital securities issuance platform, which operates out of New York City. Tokenyz hopes to bring new opportunities to investors and companies alike, by bridging the gap between traditional finance and digital securities.
CEO, Claude Waelchli, currently oversees company operations.
The team behind Tokenyz is being spearheaded by a trio of professionals.
- Claude Waelchli, CEO & Cofounder
- Established Tokenyz after a successful 12 year journey with UBS
- Benson Samuel, Director of Technology
- Expert in crypto based algorithmic trading systems
- Harsh Patel, Blockchain Developer
- Specialist in smart contracts and cyber security
Upon announcing the launch of the platform, Claude Waelchli took the time to comment on the collaboration among team members. He stated,
“Over the last few years I have truly grasped the disruptive power of blockchain technology for financial markets and existing business models. By joining forces with distinguished engineers and entrepreneurs in the digital securities space, we have embarked on a mission to build the world’s leading digital investment bank. It is our firm belief that the digitization of traditional securities will create exponential growth opportunities in the years ahead.”