Security Token Exchanges
There are currently very few security token exchanges. Most exchanges are scheduled to open in late 2018 or 2019. This gives the current exchanges a first movers advantage.
1. Open Finance – This is the first US based decentralized security token trading platform. This is currently the best option for investors who wish to trade in existing security tokens. They’ve partnered with the largest token issuers, and those tokens are automatically pre-qualified to be listed on the exchange.
Some of the features of this exchange:
- A global registry of qualified entities and securities creates a mechanism for a decentralized securities depository that provides a public governance model to ensure maximum transparency and protection for investors.
- The system is designed for traditional alternative assets and token-based securities, and allows for a streamlined compliant process from issuance to secondary market trading
- Asset may also be registered with the SEC/EDGAR and that data can be referenced from the OFN as a subset of the Asset data object.
2. tZERO – This is the most anticipated security token trading platform on the planet. This exchange is powered by the same team as overstock.com and is the brainchild of it’s CEO Patrick Byrne. It’s anticipated that this exchange will be launched in May of 2019.
- Most anticipated exchange.
- This is likely the catapult that will propel the acceleration of securities, and possibly cause a flippening, whereby securities replace utilities as the token of choice.
- They successful raised over 300 million from their own STO via the Start Engine platform, and a private raise by GSR Capital.
- View company details on our tZERO token listings page.
- Osman Sultan, Chief Executive Officer of EITC, will provide a keynote speech at UNLOCK and announce new blockchain initiatives over the course of the two-day forum
- UNLOCK Blockchain Forum announces more than 56 Global and regional Speakers including Blockchain Evangelist Nick Spanos
- Seoul Mayor Confirms to Attend CHAIN PLUS+ Blockchain Summit
- The Billionaire Investor Tim DRAPER is participating at the Blockchain Economy Istanbul Summit!
- European Blockchain Investment Congress 2019 Bringing Industry Professionals, Investors and Startups Together in Vienna
- Security Token Issuers to Benefit from alliance of ‘Issuance’ and ‘VStock Transfer’ January 15, 2019
- Interview Series – Dave Hendricks, CEO & cofounder of Vertalo January 14, 2019
- Digital Securities Platform DX.Exchange, Survives First Week Scare January 14, 2019
- tZERO Completes Distribution of Security Token January 13, 2019
- SharesPost trades Security Tokens on Secondary Markets Platform January 12, 2019