Services supporting this ability have already gone live, with Mercury FX having handled the integration into the Swarm platform.
The goal is to eventually support a bevy of FIAT currencies. In doing so, it is hoped that the flexibility afforded to potential investors helps grow the industry. Until now, the amount of potential participants has been limited. This is due to only offering access to digital securities through investment via BTC / ETH.
This move follows a recent trend that sees STOs accepting various forms of currency. For instance, just recently SHIPNEXT announced that investors may take part in their token offering through use of AMBER tokens.
It should be expected that many will begin to accept various forms of payments, as understanding and acceptance of STOs grows.
Acting as one of the leading STO platforms in the industry, SWARM currently has various STOs on the go. For example, here are a few companies making use of their services. With the aforementioned announcement, investors can now more easily take part in these opportunities.
- Viejo San Juan Comunidad RE Fund (VSJ)
- Fractionalized ownership of real estate in Old San Juan
- SparkLabs Smart City & Smart Planet Fund (SPRK)
- Develop technology for a sustainable Earth
- FarmCoin (FARM)
- Develop infrastructure for over 700 million unbanked African farmers
- TheArtToken (TAT)
- Tokens backed by art – A stable asset class representing massive wealth
The Swarm platform was launched in early 2018, and is based out of California. Above all, they market themselves as a ‘fully decentralized capital market place that democratizes investing by using the power of the blockchain’.
Swarm CEO, Philipp Pieper, commented on the development with Mercury FX. He stated, “It’s become obvious that familiarity and trust are key to investors in order to create adoption for digital securities. Fiat gateways create that reliable and convenient entry point, so that people can now commit their fiat currencies against the investment opportunities on Swarm…The team at Mercury FX brings the experience, scale, and global reach to make this happen for investors.”
Swarm has had a very active year, as can be seen in their various established partnerships. For instance, here are a few that have working relationships with Swarm:
For those interested in learning more about the Swarm platform, make sure to read their whitepaper HERE.
Mercury FX is a London based company that was established a decade ago, in 2008. Above all, they specialize in offering currency services as an alternative to banks.
The company made waves earlier this year, as one of the first to partner with Ripple. As a result, that relationship saw the use of XRP facilitate growth within the remittance market.
Speaking on the partnership with Swarm, was Mercury FX founder, Alastair Constance. He stated, “We are thrilled to be working with Swarm, and to bring this innovative solution to so many investors,” said Alastair Constance, Founder of Mercury FX. “Swarm’s open technology is a perfect complement to Mercury FX, and they share our mission of constantly finding better ways to safely connect people and their money.”
- Mallorca Blockchain Days brings the Bitcoin and Blockchain community in Palma de Mallorca together
- “Dual Citizenship, Citizenship through Investment and Global Citizenship” Conference will take place in Istanbul for the first time
- EQUA Start, CPUcoin and Craft Beer Coin Take Home Top Honors at BitAngels Pitch Day
- Sixth Annual CoinAgenda Global Adds Industry Titans and Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Discover the Decentralization with the Experts in the Largest Crypto Owning Country-TURKEY