On-Chain Cap Table
Building off of a relationship first established in 2018, Prime Trust and Vertalo have announced new growth in this partnership.
This development will see Prime Trust utilize, and benefit, from services provided by Vertalo, including cap-table management.
For a company to be successful, it is of great importance to have a thorough knowledge of its equity breakdown – including values, dilution, ownership, etc. This tedious process is made simple through services provided by companies such as Vertalo.
In their announcement, this paring of companies notes various areas in which they will find themselves cooperating. The following points were provided in their press release, describing how they will be working together.
- The creation and support of on-chain cap tables for thousands of Prime Trust crowdfunding issuers through the Vertalo Registry, a service which is directly connected to Prime Trust’s Custody, KYC/AML, escrow, and onboarding services
- Preferential pricing for Prime Trust clients who choose to utilize Vertalo’s B2B SaaS cap table platform, and simple opt-out for those who wish to use a spreadsheet or other platform to manage their investor file
- The option for participating issuers (Prime Trust clients) to tokenize their cap tables from within their branded Vertalo interface at any time in the future, using any issuance platform or smart contract that is supported by an exchange and partnered with Vertalo
Representatives from each company took the time to elaborate on this partnership, and what it means moving forward. The following is what each had to say on the matter.
Kevin Lehtiniitty, CPO for Prime Trust, states,
“Vertalo has come to the realization that mass adoption of asset tokenization requires that blockchain specific concepts such as wallets and addresses be black-boxed from the typical retail user. We at Prime Trust share the belief with the Vertalo team that crossing the chasm requires abstraction and simplicity, which makes us excited to announce this partnership. Using Vertalo’s very intuitive tools, any issuers from our crowdfunding business will be able to manage and tokenize their securities as well as provide their investors with UI access to view their investment. We’re very excited to continue working with the team at Vertalo on expanding our partnership and offering this tokenization potential to all our issuers. There’s much more to come with Vertalo which we’ll share with the world when the time is right.”
Dave Hendricks, CEO of Vertalo, states,
“Vertalo’s partnership with Prime Trust will provide their thousands of clients with Vertalo’s on-chain cap table, issuer and investor interfaces, enabling Prime Trust’s clients to directly connect with their investors for the goal of improving the investor relations and ownership experience. Prime Trust clients who convert to Vertalo will also be provided with ultra-low cost ‘optional tokenization’ of their cap table in the event that they want to convert their paper shares to digital assets for trading on Vertalo partners such as OpenFinance. This deep integration between Prime Trust and Vertalo builds on more than a year of co-development effort that has sought to simplify the purchase, management and sale of digital assets for both issuers and investors. We’re proud to work with the team at Prime Trust and look forward to announcing more useful innovations together soon.”
Operating out of Las Vegas, Prime Trust was founded in 2016. The team at Prime Trust has developed a variety of offerings serving the digital securities sector. This includes custody, escrow, compliance, and more.
CEO, Scott Purcell, currently oversees company operations.
Operating out of Texas, Vertalo first launched in 2017. The company offers a variety of services tailored towards the blockchain industry – ranging from cap table management, to an issuance platform, and more. To date, they remain one of the most active companies within the digital securities sector.
In our on-going interview series, we have had the pleasure of interviewing CEO, Dave Hendricks. Visit this interview below to learn more about Vertalo and their plans for the future.
In Other News
Each of the companies discussed here today have caught our attention on multiple occasions over the past year. The following articles elaborate on a few of the developments which each have made during this time.
- Mallorca Blockchain Days brings the Bitcoin and Blockchain community in Palma de Mallorca together
- “Dual Citizenship, Citizenship through Investment and Global Citizenship” Conference will take place in Istanbul for the first time
- EQUA Start, CPUcoin and Craft Beer Coin Take Home Top Honors at BitAngels Pitch Day
- Sixth Annual CoinAgenda Global Adds Industry Titans and Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Discover the Decentralization with the Experts in the Largest Crypto Owning Country-TURKEY