stub IPwe - Patents through Blockchain - Securities.io
Connect with us

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/customer/www/securities.io/public_html/wp-content/themes/zox-news-child/single.php on line 12

Digital Securities

IPwe – Patents through Blockchain

mm
Updated on

Warning: Undefined variable $insensitive in /home/customer/www/securities.io/public_html/wp-content/plugins/internal-link-building-plugin/internal_link_building.php on line 201

IPwe

A young company, IPwe, is looking to bring efficiency to the patent market.  With a wealth of experience in the industry as it stands, the team at IPwe plans to do this through the use of both AI and Blockchain.

Whats the Problem?

With only 2% of the world’s patents deemed liquid, it is clear that the patent industry could stand to become more efficient.  The 2% that is liquid represents a $180 billion market – making the remaining 98% a vast amount of trapped wealth.  This problem partly exists because there is no global aggregation platform for patents.  Patent offices are quite segregated from one another.

In addition to this, patents are an asset difficult to place a value upon.  Without the cumulative knowledge on global patents, determining the strength and value of patent can be difficult.

If the trapped wealth is to be unlocked, both of these issues must be addressed in an efficient manner.

What are they doing about it?

Their solution to the problem is a two-pronged approach.  IPwe is looking to both AI and Blockchain for a solution to the issues at hand.

First, they are building a blockchain based platform.  This platform will serve as an aggregation tool that will bring the world’s patents together.  Information recorded in the process would include points such as patent owners, patent coverage, and more.

Secondly, they intend to use Zuse.  This is their in house analytics platform that has been custom built over a ten year period.  It provides analysis on a patent’s value, and strength/validity.  This information can then be used by potential investors when evaluating various options.

Both of these steps will allow IPwe to not replace global patent office, but rather work in unison with them.  A lofty vision, but a feasible one with the talent onboard the team.

While the details are still being worked on, IPwe eventually plans to hold a security token offering.  By tokenizing their platform through the use of the Polymath ST-20 standard, IPwe will eventually offer new opportunities to a wide array of investors.  Upon the release of their whitepaper, interested investors will be able to learn the fine details on their tokens functionality within their system.

The Team

As previously stated, the amount of experience in the field of patents held by the team at IPwe is vast.  While the team at IPwe comes in at over 20 individuals, here are a few of the leaders behind this promising company.

Erich Spangenberg – CEO

Erich founded IPNav.  This company generated $500 million through various means of patent monetization

Christal Sheppard – EVP of Strategy and Business Development

Christal boasts 30 years practicing IP law, teaches patent law at the University of Nebraska, and is a former Director of a U.S Patent and Trademark Office.

Dan Bork – CTO

Dan is the main driving force behind the development of Zuse over the past decade.

Pascal Asselot – Managing Director

Pascal previously co-founded France Brevets.  During his time there he was fully enveloped in in the development of a sovereign patent fund in Europe.

IPwe also benefits from an expansive advisory board.  From David Johnston (Co-Founder and Chairman of Factom – a promising company dealing with blockchain based data integrity), to E. David Ellington (Founder and Chairman of Silicon valley Blockchain Society), IPwe has plenty of support.

These are but a few examples of the career accomplishments of the team behind IPwe.  For a more detailed history on their accomplishments, check out their team page HERE.

To learn details about the project, please view our IPwe Token Listing page.

Dan Bork - CTO IPwe - Interview - The North American Bitcoin Conference 2018

 

IPwe is situated in Denver, Colorado, and can be reached at the information below.

EMAIL – [email protected]

Telephone – 1.214.438.8320

Address – 160 Greentree Drive, STE 101, Dover, DE 19904, USA

Joshua Stoner is a multi-faceted working professional. He has a great interest in the revolutionary 'blockchain' technology.