What is ‘TheArtToken’
Investors can expect stable growth through joint ownership of a professionally curated art collection, by artists such as Vivian Maier.
To fund the expansion of the collection, and the gain the much coveted liquidity that investors strive for, TAT is holding its own Security Token Offering. This offering is being hosted through the marketplace, Swarm.
What is the problem?
Art suffers from a lack of liquidity – the number one reason many are excited about digital securities. While art may represent one of the most valuable and stable asset classes in the world, it is essentially trapped wealth.
Furthermore, the cryptocurrency industry is rife with volatility. Investments can ‘tank’ or ‘skyrocket’ at a moment’s notice.
How can each of these issues be solved?
How will TheArtToken Solve it?
FineArtDigital has recognized each of the aforementioned issues, and has set out to remedy them. With the rise of digital securities, they now have the ability to do so.
With a pre-existing professionally curated $4.1million collection of art, FineArtDigital will distribute fractionalized shares, known as ‘TAT’, representing ownership of the works.
In doing so, TAT offers those investors who are interested in blockchain, the ability to capitalize on a stable asset that was once nearly illiquid. In one fell swoop, both liquidity and volatility can be remedied through TheArtToken.
This stable asset will be comprised specifically of ‘Post war’ and ‘Contemporary’ Art. This subject matter was chosen due to their average growth of over 10% per annum, for over 50 years.
For continued growth of the project, sales of TAT will be utilized to purchase further works of art. As a result, holders of TAT will see their respective shares increase in value. This increase is seen both through the natural appreciation of current works in the collection, and its continued growth.
TheArtToken has broken down the process into a few simple steps. They are found on the TAT website, as follows:
- KYC & AML approved investors buy TAT.
- Funds are changed into TAT on a 1:1 ratio. Art is then insured, and stored in a government secured warehouse.
- Upon insurance and storing, TAT are now officially backed by art.
- Holders of TAT can now profit through the natural appreciation of the art, in addition to growth in the collection as a whole
- TAT tokens can be traded at any time via secondary exchanges, bringing unprecedented liquidity.
Those behind TheArtToken are a diverse, small team, with key advisors. Below are a few of the individuals leading the way.
Sey Poellmann – Business Operations
Levent Suer – Markets & Trading
TheArtToken has already received almost $10 million in investments. With a soft cap of $16 million, they are well on their way to completing a successful STO.
Beyond their STO, the team at TAT anticipates their tokens to be listed on secondary exchanges in early 2019.
- Mallorca Blockchain Days brings the Bitcoin and Blockchain community in Palma de Mallorca together
- “Dual Citizenship, Citizenship through Investment and Global Citizenship” Conference will take place in Istanbul for the first time
- EQUA Start, CPUcoin and Craft Beer Coin Take Home Top Honors at BitAngels Pitch Day
- Sixth Annual CoinAgenda Global Adds Industry Titans and Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Discover the Decentralization with the Experts in the Largest Crypto Owning Country-TURKEY