Another island nation is making their case as the new ‘blockchain island’. While this moniker is often attached with Malta, it is Antigua that is has made a recent step forward within the digital securities sector.
In a recent announcement, it was divulged that the Antigua and Barbuda Ministry of Finance & Corporate Governance (MFCG), has signed a memorandum of understanding with Globex and Julius Capital Bank.
This MOU will see new markets developed, supporting the issuance and secondary market trading of digital securities within the country.
In their breakdown of the established relationship, each of the participants bring unique capabilities to the table. The following three points are noted as key contributions:
- MFCG will provide the necessary regulations and greenlight to ensure safe and fair trading practices for all potential market participants.
- Globex will act as a SaaS provider, allowing for a regulatory compliant exchange to be offered
- Julius Capital Bank will provide FIAT gateways, allowing for investors to enter and exit markets without exposure to cryptocurrencies.
As stated, Antigua is not the first nation on track to be a trend setting ‘blockchain island’. An example of another is Seychelles – an idyllic island situated in the Indian Ocean.
Seychelles has recently made waves, as homegrown exchange, MERJ, has announced the launch of a digital securities trading platform.
MERJ Exchange CEO, Ed Tuohy, recently completed an exclusive interview with securities.io, where he discussed the company’s current and future capabilities. Check out the interview below to learn more about how MERJ is shaping the sector.
Upon announcing their signed MOU, representatives from each organization took the time to comment. The following is what each had to say on the matter.
Brian Collins, CEO of Globex, stated,
“Ethereum public blockchain integrated with our suite of tokenization, KYC/AML, custody and on-chain trading solutions will encourage market adoption and fuel market growth.”
Gaston Browne, Prime Minister of Antigua, stated,
“The Antiguan government strongly supports public blockchain technology and believes in the positive impact it will have on how the world trades securities…We are thrilled to become a trusted hub for international issuers, investors and market participants to seamlessly and securely conduct affordable digital securities offerings and offer transparent secondary trading in an internationally compliant and regulated manner…We also believe this technology will pave the way to frictionless blockchain real estate investment services for a global investor base, giving investors access to the lucrative opportunities that our beautiful twin-island state has to offer.”
Julius Capital Bank
Julius Capital is a bank, operating under a licence granted within Antigua. They provide clients with a series of banking services and wealth management solutions. The company indicates that insight, growth, trust, and confidentiality are their guiding values.
Operating out of Zug, Crypto Valley, Switzerland, Globex functions as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company. They were originally launched in 2010, with company operations overseen by CEO, Brian Collins.
We have recently had the pleasure of interviewing Brian Collins, gaining insight into Globex and their various offerings. Check out the exclusive interview to learn more about this forward thinking company.
In Other News
With the development of various services tailored towards the digital securities sector, it should come as no surprise that Globex has graced our headlines on various occasions. The following articles detail a few of these services, and provide examples of adoption seen thus far.
- Mallorca Blockchain Days brings the Bitcoin and Blockchain community in Palma de Mallorca together
- “Dual Citizenship, Citizenship through Investment and Global Citizenship” Conference will take place in Istanbul for the first time
- EQUA Start, CPUcoin and Craft Beer Coin Take Home Top Honors at BitAngels Pitch Day
- Sixth Annual CoinAgenda Global Adds Industry Titans and Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Discover the Decentralization with the Experts in the Largest Crypto Owning Country-TURKEY