Expanding the Think Tank
The Institute for Blockchain Innovation (IBI) has recently announced the expansion of their think-tank. Recognizing a shift in traditional finance towards the use of digital securities, this expansion marks the inclusion of various individuals closely tied to the sector.
The most recent group of entrants consists of high ranking individuals within their respective companies. Here is a look at each of the new members, and the companies they represent
Katya Fisher – Partner @ Fisher Cataliotti
Mohit Dovar – CEO @ Huobi Mena
Chad Folkening – CEO @ Global Ventures
Nisa Amoils – Partner @ Republic Labs
Josh Hurwitz – COO @ Hyperion
Michael Zavet – CEO @ Hyperion
Ariel Muslera – RSK Labs
Juan Pablo Capello – CEO @ PAW Law
Satya Bajpai – Leader of Blockchain and Digital Assets @ JMP Securities
Jesus Rodriguez – CEO @ Invector Labs
These individuals join the ranks of many that are currently at the forefront of the digital securities sector.
In their press release, Gregory Keough, Founder and Chairman of IBI, commented on the future to be ushered in by blockchain. He stated,
“We are at the beginning of a multi-trillion dollar shift in the way capital will be raised and traded through the merging of blockchain and Wall Street…This will create both new asset classes as well as provide inherent benefits to the global financial system by providing greater security and transparency, increased efficiencies and speed, while at the same time reducing costs.”
The Jobs Crypto Offering, or JCO, is the current main initiative of the IBI. This initiative was undertaken with the goal of developing industry-wide standards, practices, and protocols within the digital securities sector. As a result, the IBI benefits greatly through its membership, as various leaders of the digital sector comprise the ranks.
The company intends to tackle a new initiative each year. For example, the JCO looks to take on digital securities, as their popularity and potential have seen a huge surge in recent months.
The IBI breaks down the JCO into the 3 stage process as follows
- Under Reg D, a company offers purchase agreements, or ‘block safes’, to accredited investors in a pre-sale
- When capital goal is set, the SEC is given documentation filing for approval to issue digital securities
- Under Reg A +, the securities become available to retail investors, and are eligible for secondary market trading
By aiding start-ups through this process, access to greater funding pools is now a reality that benefits both investors and token issuers alike.
Institute for Blockchain Innovation
The Institute for Blockchain Innovation was founded by Gregory Keough, also the CEO of Finova Financial. The idea for the group was to act as a think-tank, focused on facilitating the future of finance through blockchain. Take a few minutes to watch the video below and learn more about the endeavour.
- Libra Rebranded to ‘Diem’ with Imminent Launch Expected
- Investing In Cloud Mining – Everything You Need to Know
- World’s First Tradable Carbon Token Launches to Democratize Access to New Asset Class
- Forex Market Optimism as New Month Begins
- Coinbase Experiencing a Bumpy Ride in 2020 – Outages, Alleged Discrimination, Politics, and More