Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by trading volume, has commenced an 8-week program equipping African blockchain developers with the right tools and skills to build their first DApps on the Binance Smart Chain (BSC) network.
Binance CEO, Changpeng Zhao (CZ), during its launch event on January 31st, announced the
allocation of $1 million to African developers building projects on the Binance Smart Chain, in
line with the company’s commitment to Africa and the growth of the blockchain ecosystem.
“Africa is a really important segment in our mission and we want to continue to push these
programs in Africa and other regions” said CZ . “The Binance team wants to show you a
multitude of career options in the crypto and blockchain space – beyond trading”.
Since 2020, Binance has been offering free virtual crypto education courses under its Binance Masterclass program : successfully educating over 70,000 Africans about crypto
fundamentals, practical tutorials on how to set up a crypto account – and buy & sell crypto,
technical analysis and crypto trading. Binance plans to further this education to include DeFi
Following the 8-week course on ‘Rebuilding Financial Systems on Blockchain’ , there will
also be a Binance Hackathon for African Dapps as announced by the coordinator of BSC
network. For more opportunities about Blockchain Career and Binance Smart Chain, join the Binance Masterclass.
The January 31st Developers’ edition of the Binance Masterclass series which set to train 1000 African developers, kicked off with over 19,000 registrations and 25,000+ playbacks on YouTube revealing the demand for blockchain education in Africa.
Through the course of the 8-week program, coordinated by crypto industry thought leaders
from ChainIDE, Xend, Bundle, as well as the BSC team , attendees will acquire high income
development skills and learn blockchain development with Binance for FREE. See the schedule below.
|Week 1||Blockchain: Technology, Innovation, and Thinking|
1. A brief conception of blockchain.
2. History with blockchain (whitepaper\1.0 2.0)
3. Possible future of blockchain
|Xiao Wu – CEO,|
|Week 2||Financial Service and Cryptocurrency On|
1. Overview of cryptocurrencies
2. Overview of traditional financial services
3. Impact of crypto on financial services
|Samy K –|
Ecosystem Development, BSC
|Week 3||Dapp development with ChainIDE|
1. Make an introduction about Chainide, about the feature and function.
2. Bring engineers go through with the whole process of compile\deploy\interaction.
|Tim Zhang – CTO,|
|Week 4||How solidity works in a smart contract?|
1. Make an introduction of smart contracts and talk about the internal connection with
2. Introduce the smart contract programming
language —– solidity. (ie. Solidity Grammar/ function/ .sol file structure/memory storage)
|Week 5||What is DeFi? Make one yourself|
1. Make a definition of DeFi. How is it different
from traditional finance? Are there any advantages?
2. Take a few look at DeFi projects, like
3. What will we build? A system includes staking and reward.
|Week 6||Let’s follow DeFi to go further|
1. How to use another contract in the smart contract?
2. The implementation of staking and rewarding.
3. What else can we do? (lending/ Aggregator)
|Week 7||Interact with smart contract by yourself, from start to finish|
2. Display an example about how to build a simple website that can react with deployed smart contracts.
|Week 8||DeFi Case Study/Inside out. Panel: How to build a successful DeFi project?||Ugochukwu Aronu – CEO, Xend.|
Yele Bademosi – CEO, Bundle
|Week 9||Invited speakers: Frontier blockchain technology outlook||Ugochukwu Aronu – CEO, Xend.|
Yele Bademosi – CEO, Bundle
|Demo Show||Pick 5 best projects from masterclass students for a demo. Every team has 15 minutes to present their idea.||N/A|
Binance is the world’s leading blockchain and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider with a financial product suite that includes the largest digital asset exchange by volume. Trusted by millions worldwide, the Binance platform is dedicated to increasing the freedom of money for users, and features an unmatched portfolio of crypto products and offerings, including: trading and finance, education, data and research, social good, investment and incubation, decentralization and infrastructure solutions, and more.
For more information, visit: https://www.binance.com/ng
About Binance Smart Chain
Binance Smart Chain is a blockchain platform developed by Binance and its community. It is a
sovereign smart contract blockchain delivering Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) compatible
programmability. Designed to run in parallel with Binance Chain, Binance Smart Chain retains
the former’s fast execution times and low transaction fees while adding Smart Contracts
functionality to support compatible dApps. For more information on Binance Smart Chain, visit
- Mallorca Blockchain Days brings the Bitcoin and Blockchain community in Palma de Mallorca together
- “Dual Citizenship, Citizenship through Investment and Global Citizenship” Conference will take place in Istanbul for the first time
- EQUA Start, CPUcoin and Craft Beer Coin Take Home Top Honors at BitAngels Pitch Day
- Sixth Annual CoinAgenda Global Adds Industry Titans and Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Discover the Decentralization with the Experts in the Largest Crypto Owning Country-TURKEY