October was a positive month for the digital securities sector. It has become increasingly apparent that Europe is leading the charge in the development, and adoption, of services revolving around digital securities. This edition of ‘The Digital’ highlights some of these EU based developments, as well as a few key interviews from industry leaders such as tZERO CEO, Saum Noursalehi.
Keeping on point with European influence within the sector, October saw Canadian based, DigiMax, partner with German based, Black Manta Capital. This alliance was forged with the specific goal of DigiMax to expand operations across the Atlantic. DigiMax looks to utilize licensure held by Black Manta to facilitate this expansion.
Tokenized Real Estate
Not content on transforming digital securities in North America, alone, tZERO looks to expand their influence into the United Kingdom. This path begins with their newly announced partnership with Alliance Investments. This move, which will see a 180 unit luxury property tokenized, is being heralded as the first of many moves expected to see $640 million worth of future real estate tokenized.
In Other News
As Support Dwindles, Will Libra Flame Out?
Industry Participants Finding Footing within Evolving Digital Securities Sector
Saum Noursalehi, CEO of tZERO
Paul Claudius, CEO of BlockState
Philip Moustakis, Counsel at Seward & Kissel LLP
The Howey Test: The Fine Line Between a Security Token and a Utility Token
Sufficient Decentralization and Security Tokens
With the SEC coming to various settlements with companies in October, Derek Schloss takes a closer look at their stance and interpretations of these situations. How did these events vary, and what does it mean moving forward? Read Here
Around the Web
The Global Digital Securities Ecosystem – A comprehensive study of the market (2019) – BlockState
- Mallorca Blockchain Days brings the Bitcoin and Blockchain community in Palma de Mallorca together
- “Dual Citizenship, Citizenship through Investment and Global Citizenship” Conference will take place in Istanbul for the first time
- EQUA Start, CPUcoin and Craft Beer Coin Take Home Top Honors at BitAngels Pitch Day
- Sixth Annual CoinAgenda Global Adds Industry Titans and Enterprise Leaders to Speaker Lineup
- Discover the Decentralization with the Experts in the Largest Crypto Owning Country-TURKEY